I was suffering from this problem from long time. Just few minutes ago I got the real and effective solution for it. The main solution remains here and here. Recently also came to know that problem remains in Firefox and Flock. It was working fine on IE and Safari. So solution only needs for Firefox and variants.
The solution is simple. Somehow a cookie is created named ‘layout’ and with value ‘unijoy’. You just need to detele it.
- Open Firefox
- Tools Menu -> Options -> Privacy tab -> Show cookies
- Type unijoy in search field.
- You will get list of domains the cookie exist for
- Simply delete the cookie for respective domain. That means, if you get the problem in localhost only, then select the line with localhost from the list and then click Remove Cookie
- Thats it. You are done. Revisit your Joomla site. You joomla was never cooler ;).
You may have to repeat these steps in other browsers that cause the same problem.