I have updated the DNS but still I am getting the site from old server. Is this your problem?
This occurs due to propagation time. When you update the DNS it needs up to 72 hours to populate on internet. All ISP uses DNS caching to cache the DNS query results. So, it needs some time to refresh the cache to reflect your changes.
But in your computer you can solve it easily. You can override the cache. Just follow the steps:
domain = ‘binodon4all.com’
new server’s ip = 22.214.171.124
- Open the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts file using notepad
- Write the following line at the end of the file:
- Save the file
- Open command prompt. Type
- Open your browser. Now browse binodon4all.com. You should get site from new server
For Linux & Mac OS:
- Login as root
- Open /etc/hosts file typing the following command
- If you find vi command difficult use:
- At the end of the file add the same line as previous:
- Save the file. Restart your network by:
service network restart
- Try browsing binodon4all.com. You should get site from new server.