Finally they did it. DNS zone editing was a long waited feature for cPanel. A big portion of their customers were looking for such feature for a quite long time.
Recently I need it so badly that I started learning Perl. However, I won’t need to make it anymore.
It currently allows creating/deleting A and CNAME records through its Simple DNS Zone Editor and A, CNAME, TXT records through its Advanced DNS Zone Editor. Though it does not support other record types however, no doubt, these are the most important.
Finally, I am so happy and thanking cPanel team personally for introducing this feature.
Flush dns to get a new name resolution. Also flush dns cache when you can’t access a newly registered domain name. You can simply flush your dns cache anytime to get new entry. So, Flush your dns cache now.
To flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows (Win XP, Win ME, Win 2000):-
– Start -> Run -> type cmd
– in command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns
– Done! You Window DNS cache has just been flush.
To flush the DNS cache in Linux, restart the nscd daemon:- Continue reading →
I have updated the DNS but still I am getting the site from old server. Is this your problem?
This occurs due to propagation time. When you update the DNS it needs up to 72 hours to populate on internet. All ISP uses DNS caching to cache the DNS query results. So, it needs some time to refresh the cache to reflect your changes.
But in your computer you can solve it easily. You can override the cache. Just follow the steps:
domain = ‘binodon4all.com’
new server’s ip = 22.214.171.124
- Open the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts file using notepad
- Write the following line at the end of the file:
- Save the file
- Open command prompt. Type
- Open your browser. Now browse binodon4all.com. You should get site from new server
For Linux & Mac OS:
- Login as root
- Open /etc/hosts file typing the following command
- If you find vi command difficult use:
- At the end of the file add the same line as previous:
- Save the file. Restart your network by:
service network restart
- Try browsing binodon4all.com. You should get site from new server.