Today, I have developed another plugin for WordPress which I named ‘Category Widgets’ plugin and as usual nothing more peaceful rather than sharing with the community.
Using this plugin, you can display a text widget for any specific category and/or its sub-categories. For example, you want to show different sidebar banners based on different category. It is easy using this plugin. Just create a new widget and select the category.
I have found another plugin for almost the same purpose. That plugin lacks of capability of displaying in the subcategories. That mean it does not work for the sub-categories of the selected category. In this plugin, I have made that feature and also optionally you can disable that feature too.
- WordPress 2.8+
- Download the above archive
- Extract it
- Upload to wp-content/plugins directory
- Goto administration panel of WordPress and the Plugins section
- Activate the Plugin by click Activate link
- Goto Appearance -> Widgets
- Drag the widget from the left side to your expected sidebar. You can add as many as you want. Configure the widget and save.
- You’r done!
Please don’t forget to say thanks, bug reports, feedbacks, suggestions and/or advices :).
Just few hours ago, the plugin is approved in the wordpress plugin repository. You can now find it there too.