Recently I have posted a brief overview in Bangla about the Fast Track introduced by Dutch Bangla Bank Ltd (DBBL). I think it is better if I put some words in English too :). I know CDM services are not new in Bangladesh, but the augmentation by DBBL is really amazing :).
DBBL already has the country’s largest ATM network. Though their service at their branches are not very satisfactory they have made significant improvements in introducing/using technologies in Banking. One reason of their poor customer services at branches may be they do mass banking rather than priority banking like some banks specially the foreign banks. However, in comparison to fees those banks take, I believe DBBL is not much bad ;).
Most interesting is that, I believe, they know about their poor customer service and they can feel it. That’s why they are trying to provide services even outside their branches. I like that. Their recent introduction of ‘Fast Track’ will enable to go to the branches rarely. The majority of the tasks with bank is deposit and withdrawal of money. Being a customer of largest ATM network, I would need to go to branches occasionally. However, sometimes I had to go to deposit cash but I always afraid of their long queue.
Another thing about DBBL is that their queue management is really poor. They have separate queues for deposit and withdrawal. I never seen more than 2 person in their withdrawal queue. But I always see long line at the deposit counter. The personnel in the withdrawal counter can easily kill lots of flies per day while the personnel in deposit counter are tired of working. I believe they could trade-off between these two based on the rush.
Now, after introducing, “Fast Track” my necessity of going to branch even reduced. I can now deposit from the fast track and one is very close to my house. Fast Track also accepts deposits longer time than branch.
Here are some information about “Fast Track” that may be useful for you :):
- You can withdraw money 24 hours. There are multiple ATM booths in each “Fast Track”.
- You can deposit money from 9am to 10pm.
- You can deposit up to 20,000 BDT at “Fast Track”. I appreciate this policy as otherwise big clients will rush here causing problems to small customers like me :).
- They are open all day except Friday and government holidays. That mean, usually, you can bank on Saturday too. Hurray!
- You can open account from here.
- You can discuss about SME loan here.
- You won’t have to pay any fees for depositing money. Their branches charge fee when you deposit in account from outer zone of account. But it is fully free at “Fast Track”.
- The “Fast Track” is not alternative to branch. Still there are necessities that you have to go to branch.
- Till now, you can’t deposit check in Fast Track, only cash. But I have seen their software has such feature. So, we may expect that very soon.
- You should also remember that money deposited through “Fast Track” won’t be deposited to respective account instantly. It will be deposited during soonest evening. So, when you need money immediately in account, you must not use Fast Track.
- You must take a receipt after you deposit the money and keep it secure until account reflects the deposit
- An staff will be available there. He/she will help you doing the tasks. So, take help from his/her if you need.
Hope these information helps!
Update (July 12, 2010)
Known Fast Track Locations
- Mohakhali (just beside of rail crossing)
- Malibagh (on the right side of the road to Kakrail/Shantinagar)
- Shantinagar (about 200 meters from Malibagh Fast track. On same direction just on left side. Few steps ahead of DB Office)
- Jatrabari (On the way to Chittagong, 200 meters from circle, on right side)
- Gulshan (Gulshan 2, Opposite of Landmark)
- Dhanmondi (Probably near Rasel Square, not sure)
- New Market (as per comment of Nezam)
- Topkhana Road